When it comes to the health of your beloved pets, the cost of prevention is often a fraction of the cost of advanced treatment for a disease. That’s why it makes sense for your pet to receive at least one wellness exam every year for a health checkup. Our veterinarians at Palencia Pet Clinic will provide a comprehensive full-body examination to evaluate your pet’s health and address any concerns you may have. We will also provide you with suggestions for your pet’s nutrition, dental care, vaccinations, and heartworm/flea/tick prevention for optimal health.
Our preventive health care services include a total veterinary evaluation of your pet’s overall health. We also evaluate your pet’s risk of disease (if any) and any other health problems. Once we get the results, we’ll give you suggestions that are made specifically for your pet’s specific health status. Our preventive services include:
- Wellness Exams
- Vaccinations (including FVRCP, rabies, and non-core vaccines)
- Parasite Control (flea & tick)
- Heartworm Testing & Prevention
- Nutritional Counseling
Our pet wellness and preventive exams are specifically designed to establish a baseline for your pet’s health. Not only are annual wellness exams critical to maintain your pet’s good health, they also provide a way for our staff to establish and expand our relationship with you and your pet.
Procedures that may be done during a wellness exam:
- Physical Exam: We will provide a comprehensive physical exam to assess your pet’s body condition.
- Preventive Steps: Afterwards, we’ll discuss your pet’s diet, exercise, and healthy body weight.
- Dental Exam: During a wellness exam, our team will also perform a dental exam and suggest a cleaning if necessary. We will also discuss home dental care options to keep their teeth in tip-top shape.
- Vaccinations: If your pet requires any vaccinations, we will administer them.
- Routine Diagnostics: Routine screening and lab testing may also be done to see if there any early signs of disease present. Additionally, we’ll discuss keeping your pet free of parasites through routine screening and preventive measures.
Remember, prevention is key for the good health of your pet! If you have any specific concerns or questions regarding your furry friend’s health, feel free to give us a call or send us a message.